If you’re like me you’d be wondering how to drive traffic to your website for free effectively without using paid services?
Paying for traffic is going to be a necessity in the future but when you’re first starting out and on a tight budget, it’s good to know there are free methods to get your website some traffic.
It is possible to get your posts to rank in the first couple of pages of Google.
If you’re not familiar with the term “organic searches or organic traffic”, it simply means the traffic is coming from people who are actually searching something specific using search engines like Google, Yahoo, and Bing.
This is also called FREE TRAFFIC – and this is what every internet marketer wants because if you are turning up in front pages searches of Google for free you will get lots of traffic by default! Organic Traffic is free – Paid Traffic, is, well, paid (PPC which is Pay Per Click through google adwords). You can also pay for ads on Facebook and other places.
I’d like to concentrate however on how to get traffic to your website using reliable SEO (search engine optimization) techniques that will provide you with fast, long term ranking.
If you apply them, you will quickly improve your traffic and online business/website.
Must Watch: How A 28-yr- Old Got Fired &Then Built A $500k-A-Month Business ⇒
As you start your blog/ website obviously you need to provide some content in the form of information articles and posts.
BEFORE you write any article however, you need to do some keyword research or get your keyword phrase based on the topic of your article.
Keyword phrases are a huge part of how Google will categorize and rank your posts or articles.
Naturally people will type in a question or a phrase as opposed to just one or two words, for example: “How to get traffic for your website” as opposed to “get website traffic”.
People have realised the more detailed the question, the better search results, which gives the user a better experience.
So if you put your customer/ audience first (which I encourage you to do for the success of your business anyway!) you can better understand the search phrases they’ll be entering in the search engine.
This will create traffic.
For a detailed rundown on how to find the best keywords for your website read my post “How to Find The Best Keywords For My Website”.
You can use Google Keyword Tool to find ‘long tail keywords’ or you can use the tool I use which is Jaaxy. Either way you will need a tool to discover the best phrases and keywords to use.
HEADS UP: A lot of newbies will miss this step as it’s boring and if you have a lazy nature or just want to rush – or in most cases you ‘think’ you know what phrases people will search for – let me caution you – this is detrimental to your business.
MAKE FRIENDS WITH RESEARCH
is my best advice – I’d like to see you succeed so please take this very seriously – watch the Jaaxy training and learn!
Another way to get some ideas for keywords is the Alphabet Soup Technique.
The reason we need to learn all this as you need to rank high as this leads to more traffic and more traffic, leads to more sales!
As more of your articles rank, over time your website will rank and you’re then running a successful and profitable website.
When I talk about longtail keywords I’m talking about phrases, not short terms or words – these are less competitive and you will get more traffic to your website.
How to Rank Content to Increase Your Website Traffic – SEO
Ranking your posts using low competition keyword phrases requires a couple of actions:
* Placement – You need to know where and how to place your keyword phrases within your article.
* Quality – You need to write QUALITY content
Step 1 – Placement – Where and How to place your keyword phrase?
You want to place your keyword phrase…
- In the Title to your Post/Page/Article – so if your keyword is How To Lose 10 Pounds in 7 Days – use this as your post title.
- As your URL – i.e. (your domain).com/how-to-lose-10-pounds-in-7-days
- Naturally mention the exact keyword phrase within the first 150 characters of your opening paragraph – make it sounds natural however!
- Use the exact same phrase as your major Head Lines/Headers: H1, H2, or H3
- Add the keyword phrase, if it naturally fits, within the Alternative Text Section within your photos
- Within the last 156 characters of your last paragraph
- And wherever in the article that your keyword phrase fits naturally.
After that, just write quality content with the intention of helping your readers, you don’t need to focus on the keyword. Focus your content on your website audience.
So just do the few placements we spoke about then concentrate on quality information for your audience so they keep coming back for more.
It’s important to fit your keyword in so it sounds natural – if you just try to fit it in for the sake of it, it will not read well. Remember, the key to good rankings is writing quality content for your audience.
This keyword placement is so Google and other search engines will understand what your post is about and start ranking your article based on your keyword phrase and relevant content.
Step 2 – How to Write Quality Content
This is where most people get stuck – trust me I did too. Even the best writers get writers block sometimes! However it’s the only way you’ll fill out your website – that’s why it’s important to pick a topic you love or have some passion to find out about. Quality is what keeps people coming back so your main focus HAS to be providing information for your audience (not sales!).
Remember you re writing for people!
Basically be yourself – let your personality shine through. Shy people find their sense of humour comes through with writing and extroverted people should have no problem with expressing themselves!
Please feel free to check out our helpful post on 10 Easy Writing Tips to Writing Quality Content.
What happens after keyword research and content?
Ok, now you have your low competition keywords, your quality content, your stunning photos that will appeal to your readers… here’s your next steps:
- Update the major search engines (Google, Yahoo, Bing) that your content has been poste, set yourself up wtih Google Webmaster Tools – it’s not hard and I highly recommend you do this. Follow these easy instructions.
- Share your content to a social bookmarking site – by doing this your post will get added exposure and increased traffic. You really onlyl want to post to one social bookmarking site per post you write, otherwise it will appear like spam. Social Bookmarking sites to start off with include; delicious.com, folkd.com, reddit.com, stumbleupon, etc.
- Be Social – Facebook/Facebook Groups, Google Plus/Google Plus Groups, YouTube, Twitter, Pinterest. Get in the habit that when you create content on your website, you automatically share it on your social networks. Make sure you join other social groups in your niche! For example if your niche is DIY home maintenance, find other groups and join them too!
Once you are on their sites, reach out, make contact and share stories and links.
You can offer to comment on their site if they will reciprocate on yours – it’s not hard to reach out and you will be networking in no time! When your content is being read and commented on you will also get ranked quicker and better!
- Send a message to your emailing list – You don’t have to send anything dramatic, just let them know you have new content and send the link.
- Pay for some advertising – yes, at some stage you will pay for advertising (PPC, facebook, adwords)… it needn’t break the bank but it will help you.
To get some great training on this head on over to Wealthy Affiliate – sign up for free and get some training
It’s always best to get some comments on board your posts first and then go for some paid advertising – you know yourself that if you go to a website with no comments and no one looking at the site, you are not likely to act upon anything there…
- Internal Links – Create a couple of internal links to other posts on your website – Google loves this as it shows you as the authority in your niche.
- External Links – you want to also link to a couple of other authority sites such as Wikipedia or Forbes. Tip: Always open to a new tab so your audience comes back to your site!!!
Keep adding QUALITY content, connect with others in your niche and start building a business not just a quick one-off site to try to get sales.
If you take action on the steps above, you will definitely start to get traffic to your website and you’ll start ranking.
If you want to get comments on your website but not sure how – again check out Wealthy Affiliate, has a great reciprocal community all looking for comments and happy to give them also!
Please follow and like us: